Wednesday, August 19, 2009

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE READING THIS STUFF?

Well it is a slow news day....so what do you talk about on a slow day.....
Last night I went to the show with seven other women and we saw 'Julia/Julie" (or is it the other way round?) We all really enjoyed it BUT what I enjoyed most (and what the others couldn't relate to, was the world of blogging). Julie decided to write a Blog about Julia Child, so she went through Julia C. cookbook and made all 561 recipes and then talked about it on her blog. I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil the movie for you but Julie goes through all the concerns that I'm sure all new bloggers have- like - IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE READING THIS STUFF? Meryl Streep is absolutely fantastic as Julia Child and the rest of the cast is superb. It got two two thumbs up from me.

It's a GOOD THING:



Finally I wanted to share a library book with you....oh oh....I see the eyes glazing over.... Stay with me.....this has got to be one of the best Quilting books that I have ever picked up! In fact I am going to buy this book after I am finished caressing and drooling over this copy. The pictures are wonderful and the quilts are absolutely gorgeous! The book is called "Material Obsession" by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke and I love, love love it! I don't know if I'm allowed to show pictures but I am plugging the book and probably selling millions of copies in the process....YIKES! There is a whole paragraph on COPYRIGHT at the end of the books...so no pictures...darn! Oh well..... but if you see this book on the bookshelf at your quilting store then pick it up and flip threw....I guarantee that you will end up buying it! My favourite quilts are called Ginger Snap, a hexagon strip quilt but I do love 'Out the Window' and 'Three-ring Circus'.
Those would be the three pictures that I would share with you....if I could... Which brings me back to the Julie quote from last night's movie-"IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE READING THIS STUFF" and "DOES ANYONE GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT I THINK?

18 comments:

  1. I am! I am! your stuff is great, thank you for sharing! : } pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading and I give a crap! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm here! I may not comment every time but I do read all the posts.
    The book sounds very promising. You can show us all the quilts you make using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm here too, but not for long I'm off to see if Amazon have that book, maybe they'll have one of those look inside stickers on it too!

    I'll keep an eye open for that movie too, not many people understand why I blog either, but they all facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me, ME, MEEEEEEEE!

    I'm here, I read it, I care what you think and I LOVE myour blog. It's great and often makes me laugh out loud, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your blog regularly but usually just lurk. This is the first time I've commented on your blog and do hope you will continue.
    I have the Material Obsession book and agree it is one of the best. I'm so anxious for their second book that I ordered it directly from Sarah in Australia. I kept seeing pictures of the new book and comments about it on Australian blogs and just couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog from Kim's Quilting Adventure (maybe...I think...I get lost in blogland a lot) and I added it to my follow list. I just started quilt-blogging myself so I know what you mean is there anyone reading this stuff! Write away...I LOVE seeing other people's work. It's like a giant, global guild! Oh, I found Material Obsession at my library too and checked it out about a month ago--VERY fun quilts in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well since you put it that way... yes I own both of their books and LOVE them. I follow thier blogs and only wish that the Australian stitcheries and quilt stuff was available here. My new favorite is Sue Ross, yummy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im out here, and I love reading things you write about. I know the feeling of wondering if anyone is out there.

    Im now avidly looking for that book. Hope they have it somewhere I can have a good look at it, although we dont have anywhere near as much quilting stuff here in the UK as you do in Canada. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading & the book is a great one!

    Nancy E

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I don't have a blog but enjoy reading yours. I am a fellow canadian living in Nakusp BC. The book you mentioned is gorgeous and is on sale right now at www.connectingthreads.com. I order from them regularly and they are a good company to deal with
    Marilynmckinnon@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Marilyn, beat me to it as I was going to let you know about the connecting threads book sale.
    You probably could find it for a reasonable price on Amazon.ca too though the connecting threads price is pretty decent especially at 40 % off until Sept 21.
    I really do want to see Julia and Julia - it has got excellent reviews by almost all the reviews that I have read.
    I found that it was hard to get a feel whether anyone was reading my blog- Someone suggested that I add a visitor's counter or map using the free gadgets that are available. I was surprised how many people visited and all the different places that they came from- it is easy to add to your blog.
    Lots of people are checking out your blog whether they leave a comment or not- It is a lovely blog and I enjoy seeing what is happening with you and yours in Victoria.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm reading your blog everytime you post a new post. I love it!!
    I'm going to look to see if I can find the book next time I'm in the book store. Hugs...keep on blogging. You'd be missed if you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm here too!
    I know how you feel...sometimes you wonder who's reading us..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy reading your stuff & yes i do care what you think.
    Love the photo very nice Material Obsessions
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am here! Now I am curious and want to see that book.

    ReplyDelete