Friday, September 11, 2009

That’s why we quilt!

One morning I was out riding my bike and as I’m whizzing down one of the side streets, I hear my name being called….three of my ‘old’ students are out in their front yard playing.  So I stop to chat, give each of these little sweeties a hug and ask how they are.  Before they could say anything, the oldest says,” Wait till you see what my grandma made for me!!” and proceeds to run into the house.  Out comes Mom and  Dad and a lovely, much loved quilt, made by a wonderful Grandma. image

As she was telling me about her special birthday quilt, she was wrapping it around her shoulders as if to give it a hug.  It was obvious that she just loved her new quilt.  She just glowed as she told me how her grandma made the quilt to match her newly painted bedroom. And I thought to myself, this is why we quilt…so that someone we love can cherish it and know that it was made with love. 

image

Of course I had to take a group picture, and of course I sent a copy to Grandma…this one’s for you Alice!  You have such a lovely family!

Have a fabulous Friday and Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

  1. That is why we quilt, and it seems like that is why some people are teachers. Today we saw our son's last teacher in the grocery store, and when they noticed each other, both smiled a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy it is to see a little girl so proud of her new quilt. It is beautiful, indeed. What a lovely family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt, reading this reminds me of when i gave my 2 Gt Nieces their quilts earlier this year they were wrapped up in it & dancing around they are younger than the girls here but it really nice to hear that something someone has done is so well received
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a surprise when I looked at your blog this morning. This is what makes it as fun to give as it is to make a quilt.
    xoxoAlice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a lovely quilt! But the grins behind are even lovlier, and its so true that quilts are an expression of our love.

    ReplyDelete