Friday, February 26, 2010

Another Day in Paradise….

The down side to RVing…yes, there IS a down side…is going to the Shower House every morning for a shower.  HATE it!!  For one thing I don’t like showers and the second thing it’s not NATURAL to get wet and cold in the morning!  (I like a hot bath before bed time….) 

So yesterday I am leaving the shower stall, towel wrapped around my head, looking like h@#* and this lady, who has been primping in front of the mirror, says, “Excuse me..but are you Sweet P?”   I felt like saying, “Not right now I’m not.”  But I answered (in shock), “Ummm yes…”  Turns out the lady follows both my husband’s RV Travel Journal and my blog.  In fact one of the reasons her and her husband are at this RV Park is because of Rick’s write ups. 

So it turns out Renee, from Salt Spring Island, and I have a lot in common.  For one thing, she is VERY nice and is newly retired, trying out this Snowbirding thing.  Oh, and she owns a Cockapoo dog!   Renee is a sewer..and she’s thinking of trying out quilting!  BINGO!!  She is wondering about WOOL…maybe giving it a try..DOUBLE BINGO!! Hmmmm… I can see a trip to Temecula in the near future!!  I mean a girl’s got to be neighbourly…right? ;o)

Sorry I don’t have any pictures this morning…I think I will be taking my camera to the Shower House from now on…just in case…you just never know who will be lurking!!

image

I do have this gorgeous sunset picture taken last night…about the time I usually have that  nice hot bath!!

Have a fun Friday (yikes, what happened to the week!!) and Happy Quilting!!

16 comments:

  1. Good morning, Sunshine! The bath house appears to be the place where friends are discovered, so not so bad? Hope you get to know Renee and have a chance to take her to Temecula ~ she'll be hooked for sure if you take her there. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very small world! Very gorgeous sunset. I feel the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like making new friends in your skivvies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just never know who's reading over your shoulder. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so neat--you are truly famous! I would agree about the showers too! Love the sunset--we are in the midst of another snowstorm here in the Northeast...Spring is coming, so I am told...Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty picture!! Funny story about the shower house!! Sure does make it a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe there is someone else out there that also hates showers in the morning. Its just not natural, that much water on the body in the morning. Having a shower in the morning doesn't do anything for me. I much prefer night time bathing. You get to wash off the days grime before having a great nights sleep. Myhusband thinks I'm weird about the morning showering thing. Glad to hear I am not alone. I found you blog a month or so ago and am loving your entries. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from the mystery woman in the shower house! Really enjoyed meeting you Paulette....first time I ever met the author of a blog that I follow! Kinda cool!
    Spent a lot of time yesterday reading "quilting blogs" that you link to...and wouldn't you know...oh oh...I think I've got the bug! The quilting bug that is! Love the "wool crazy quilt"! That will definitely have to be my first project once I get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post to read! I'll have to check out your hubby's RV blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! I have learned to be a shower in the morning type person, cos all the boys in the house are evening people, I think it is cos they work night shifts. Due to water restrictions we have taken the taps off the bath 8 years ago, that was the last time i luxuriated in water. Now i have a strict 3 mins in the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, I too would rather take a hot bath at night to relax.. but what a way to meet new friends.. cool... I'll have to remember that when we go camping in our 5th...lol... and I think you should take a little trip and maybe bring along your new friend...lolol... have a great weekend and more...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too, with the hot bath,,I loved camping but not the showers.. Have a great weekend,
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that you met Renee after your shower, I suspect that you were more awake then. Funny how small the world gets when you blog. You are a good story teller, and I guess all of us enjoy the journey. Can't wait to see what Renee's first quilting project will be. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome photo of the sunset Paulette! Yes, RVing may have it's drawbacks, but at least you're not freezing all the time like we are! Maybe next winter we'll try that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Paulette! you got me too! I was innocently walking with my new friend at the EXPO in Puyallup and I bought my first real "WOOL" I saw this Tan stuff that was in the Friday special bin for only $4/yd. I immediately thought of you and how this tan would make a good background fabric on a WOOL project. I also met and took a picture with one of my seminar teachers who mentioned my BLOG in her seminar. She found me through another BLOG. Isn't Blogging great?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with you on the bath thing. Well, not literally. That would be a little weird. I didn't know, though, that you had to go someplace to shower--when I was a kid, we usually trailer camped every summer and we had a shower with a water hook up so I figured it was the same thing. How funny that you ran into someone who "knows" you--it's one of the reasons I don't put many photos of me on my blog--LOL!

    ReplyDelete