Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gung Hay Fat Choi!

Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year…and it’s the Year of the RABBIT!!   Dang…no rabbits around here…several Roadrunners but no rabbits.  So I emailed my friend Claire and asked her if she had ANYTHING rabbit-ish…and low and behold if she didn’t have a rabbit runner…and very sweet one too I might add!  Isn’t it cute?!

image

Were you born in the Year of the Rabbit? 

1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999

People born in the Year of the Rabbit are articulate, talented, and ambitious. They are virtuous, reserved, and have excellent taste. Rabbit people are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. They are fond of gossip but are tactful and generally kind. Rabbit people seldom lose their temper. They are clever at business and being conscientious, never back out of a contract. They would make good gamblers for they have the uncanny gift of choosing the right thing. However, they seldom gamble, as they are conservative and wise.  They prefer to spend ALL their money on patterns, fabric and notions.   They are most compatible with those born in the years of the Sheep, Pig, and Dog. 

I was born in the Year of the Dragon…so around here I am better known as the Dragon Lady!! hmmmm… If you want to see what year you were born in then go HERE!

So…Gung Hay Fat Choi which means Happy New Year- May Prosperity Be With You.. hopefully SEW prosperous that you can afford to buy tons of fabric!

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!!

17 comments:

  1. It's the year of the Wabbit Daze Gang - woohoo!!! They are planning to post today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a RAM - read the definition and it fits about 90%. Interesting. Glad you are enjoying your stay in S. Cal desert. Looks like you are getting serious sewing time in.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I am a dragon lady too....married to a dragon man....hum...no wonder the fires fly sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loks like I was born in the "Year of the Rabbit" Paulette.

    However, I "used" to be under the Sagittarius astrological birth sign and now "almost 60 years later they went and changed it on me!
    After all these years...can you believe that???

    Hope you have a great day!

    Hugs,

    Elaine in SLO, Ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well mine was right on for personality, but off on some. It did say I was compatible with my husband's, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the year of the Pig and boy, does it best describe me well - both the bad and the good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, who're you calling Fat? hehe, back at 'cha.
    It makes sense that my daughter is a rabbit, other than the gambling, that description is so her! Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute rabbit runner! I love your new header too... the quilt is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'm the year of the Ox and my astrological sign is Taurus the bull. Hmmmm, I'm a double whammy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a Rabbit! We lived in Japan for 7 years, and one day I was visiting with a group of Japanese ladies who were preparing for a wedding in the family. They were very excited because the bride was a Rabbit. When I asked why, they explained that Rabbit women made the very best wives and mothers, and they were happy to have a Rabbit joining the family. Then they figured out that I am a Rabbit and my stock with these lovely women went WAAAAAYYYY UP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paulette, you are ever the teacher!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm born the year of the Monkey. I enjoyed looking up what year I was and that of my spouse.(he is a Rabbit)Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is so sweet! Not from one of the rabbit years...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Paulette! Turns out I'm a PIG. How revolting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one's lovely! Happy Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a rooster, and I think they've got me pegged - especially the part about "eccentric"!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. no rascally wabbits here..just a couple of oinkers!!..have a great new year!!!

    ReplyDelete