Sunday, June 5, 2011

Two Thumbs UP!

This is Book Review Number TWO!  My friend Dawn dropped off FIVE books for me to peruse while her and her hubby sail around Vancouver Island.  I’m so glad that they are finally getting nice weather…and that it is taking them so loooonnnngggg!!

So today’s book…(get out your drool bibs ~you’re going to need it!!) is called ‘Simple Graces’ by Kim Diehl.  Wonderful book full of wonderful patterns…have a peak…

As we speak Dawn is working on this cover quilt while on the boat…yup you heard me…Dawn sets up a sewing machine in the cabin on their 26’ sailboat!!  She says it’s cramped but do-able!!  Now that’s what I call a dedicated quilter!!

  P1140040

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this wool on cotton wall hanging!!  Gorgeous!!

P1140041

I also love it done in cottons!!P1140042

How about a wool appliquéd lamp shade?  Cute or what?!P1140045

This sweet runner would look adorable on any table!!…namely MINE!!  :o)P1140047-1   Here’s a different version of a Dresden..made from a tumbler shaped template…I love the way she has joined them with vines and berries!

 P1140050

There are tons more gorgeous quilts…like the yoyo quilt that has a hexagon flavour to it and the wool glasses sleeve that would make a wonderful gift, and the rooster quilt that looks so cozy…well I think you get the idea!!   I WANT THIS BOOK!!  Now do you think Dawn will buy the story about how the dog ate the book or how about a ‘quilty robber’ broke in and took it or maybe I dropped it in the tub while having a bath….  Yeah, that one might work…

Kim Diehl’s book, ‘Simple Graces’ gets a two thumbs up from this Book Critic!!  :o) 

Have a SUNNY Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

19 comments:

  1. I love ALL of Kim's books - I usually want to make every single project in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't seen this one. I love Kim's books. This looks like a must-have. Oh, darn, I have to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all of Kims books, and each one is awesome!! I made the table runner in the Simple Graces book. I have yet to quilt and bind it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Kim's books and always make grand plans to make every project in her books. LOL

    I'll be happy to be your witness to the book simply disappearing. I'll swear I saw it with my own eyes. ROFLOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't buy many books but this one is definitely on my list of MUST haves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO EXCITED I'm taking a workshop this Kim this coming Sat. over in Tyler, TX and working on the Bittersweet Briar quilt. WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim can't write a bad book! I have all of her books and love them. In fact, one of my all time favorite quilts, Cobblestones and Crossroads is from her book Simple Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look good - dropped it in the bath, that one works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this book, love it. I'm working on the quilt that's on the front cover of Simple Seasons, but making it larger to fit on our bed.
    I love all of Kim's books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a great looking book! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the penny shade, that is different and looks nice. I keep my eyes open in the thrifts for sales or use my coupon to get them at half price.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this book...and several others of Kim Diehls'. I love every single one of them. A lot. If I lost one I would buy it again, that's how much I love them! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was lucky enough to take a class from Kim last month. Love her. I have all of her books and have 3 of her projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book looks fantastic...just as I was about to make a pledge not to buy another book!

    Oh and I love Settlers Pride, you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sure like the Dresden one and the little runner. I don't have any of her books so I guess it is time to start looking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your book reviews, thanks just going to SMS DH now, as he is in the USA for work and I am sure he can fit in some shopping for me! Happy quilting Sue SA

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have that book and drool over it all the time! Don't you love the pincushion she has in it too???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I don´t know what story your friend will believe but that book is a must have!

    ReplyDelete