Sunday, January 8, 2012

The H2H Christmas Quilt…

Claire completed two more blocks to the Heart to Hand Christmas Quilt..

This is the snowman block…LOVE it!!

image

I love how the snowman’s body is a dirty white and then two sparling white stars are on his body! I also love Claire’s choice of background fabric. She is using mostly Japanese fabric (Daiwabo)..this one being a subtle dot which gives the illusion of snow falling…

Here you can see the dots on the fabric a bit better ….and just feast your eyes on her stitches!  She is a master at wool work!

image

And look at this sweet snow covered house!  V. Cute!

image

Yes, I have GOT to make this quilt!!

image

Claire is on a roll…it won’t be long before we get to see the FINISHED quilt!

Onto OTHER NEWS…

Now do you remember way back in November when we were traveling down here…we stopped for the night at The Orange Grove RV Park in Bakersfield, CA and I posted this picture with a message for my friend Sandy to pick me THIS orange right here…(which was in the middle of an orange grove..in amongst thousands of oranges)! IMG_0187

Well guess what?  Sandy and her husband, Gary did indeed stop at the Orange Grove and after much searching they FINALLY found this orange!!  Yup…they presented it to me over dinner last night!  Here is THE ORANGE…doesn’t it look delicious!!  Yes, that Sandy has such a ‘wonderful’ sense of humour…

P1160772

When I put on my sad face, they whipped out this bag of oranges!  Now THAT’S more like it!! Wahooo!  There is NOTHING like a fresh picked orange…juicy and sweet!

P1160774

As for the other orange..well …all is forgiven…Thanks Sandy!

I’m sure I will repay Sandy SOMEHOW…heeeheee….(that is my sinister, evil laugh…)

Have a SUNNY Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

12 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmm those blocks are very nice.....love the fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute quilt, it's going to be so neat when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blocks....and I love the background fabric.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the house too! Oh what a nasty moldy orange! I hope you do pay her back for that! tee,hee! Hugs, Kim C ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are swaying me closer and closer to trying a wool project.

    Funny orange story. Can't wait to hear how you get her back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing a little hooking, like I need another project, lol. But, A friend sent me some of her stash and one was a noah piece, will all the cut wool in a kit, how could I resist.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable quilt! Enjoy the fresh oranges~ not sure what payback should be for the oldy moldy one. LOL Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those blocks.
    and I am glad you actually got some really nice oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. an orange filled with 'penicillin'..remember you weren't feeling well last week..Sandy was only thinking of you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is really darling! And I laughed at your orange story - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is the snowman and the wool making you homesick at all for the cold and snow?

    ReplyDelete