Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Keepsake Quilt..

I saved the best for LAST!! I know…I know…I said that yesterday…but you have GOT to see Anne’s latest masterpiece…this is a keepsake quilt that Anne made to remind her and her hubby of their wonderful Alaskan Cruise that they took last summer!

Magnificent! 

P1160788

It really is an incredible quilt…and Anne made the entire quilt from her scraps…this was not made from a kit!!  The fabrics that Anne used created the colours, textures and shadings, the details and the highlights …well…when you look at it..REALLLY LOOK AT IT..well..it’s amazing!  Anne did an excellent job!

You can really see this in the polar bears and the animals’ faces.

P1160789

Anne fused the fabric on using a product like Steam a Seam Lite, then top stitched the edges.  Just gorgeous!

P1160790

I loved the way there are trees and fish in the sashing…P1160791

Anne was saying that while on their trip up North, they actually saw most of the animals on this quilt…making it even more special!

P1160792

This is the pattern that Anne bought while visiting a quilt shop on one of their in Port excursions…it’s called ‘Portraits of Alaska’ by Trish Stuart.

P1160793

This pattern came in a book form and had pages and pages of patterns…and it was about $20!  Pretty darn reasonable when you look at the work that went into this pattern!

So there you have it…I am FINALLY caught up with the Clubhouse Quilters!!  Whew!!  It’s hard to keep up with them!  Wonder what tomorrow will bring? :)

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

12 comments:

  1. WOW! Look at all those pieces - beautiful job!! What a keepsake - not only for the quilt, but for the memories of the trip. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is absolutely breathtaking. What an undertaking.
    Magnificent, truly magnificent!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AMAZING - I don't think I would attempt it without a kit, and every fabric coded to tell me where it goes, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and nice to have something to commemorate their trip.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful quilt. I like the Eskimo block. All very representative of Alaska. Makes me shiver just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the puffin block. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, beautiful quilt!! What a great way to capture the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that looked familiar. I made a special keepsake quilt for my son from this same pattern. Acutally it was a block of the month from a quilt shop in Homer that is no longer there. It is my very favorite quilt.
    B E A U T I F U L !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the puffin block. Great work.

    ReplyDelete