Monday, March 19, 2012

Neutral No More…

I’ll bet that you are all familiar with Pat’s new book, ‘Spotlight on Neutrals’…you may have seen it on blogs or perhaps you have flipped through it in a Quilt Shop…or if you follow ‘Silver Thimble Talks’, like I do, then you are VERY excited about this book…

                image

This book contains some gorgeous quilts…and being a brown/beige quilt lover I was ohhhh and ahhhhhing each and every one of them!  Especially the BASKET QUILT…go HERE to see the original!  I’ll wait….

Told ya’…GORGEOUS!!

Imagine my surprise while on the Spring Fling Shop Hop to see this quilt hanging in the Busy Bee Quilt Shop!!  STUNNING!  It was their feature quilt as they were promoting and giving away free FQs of  Rouenneries Deux fabric!  Two of my favourite things TEAMED up!!

P1170632

Just look at this fabric…French General has added a bit of a greyish-blue to the Deux print…

P1170636

..throw in a solid blue and you have some magic happening!!

P1170637

Because I visited EIGHT Quilt Shops in the Spring Fling I now have eight FREE Fat Quarters of this fabric… I just need to get my hands on Pat’s book!!  If you should see this book on the shelf make sure you flip through it…BUT  be warned it will probably follow you home!  I might just have to pop into JoAnn’s ONE LAST time!

Also if you have never read Pat’s blog you REALLY should!!  She is a hoot…guaranteed a good laugh every morning…and there’s nothing like one of those to start off each day!!  That’s where I’m headed right now!  It’s a rainy, miserable Monday…let’s hope that she can work her magic! 

See ya’ over there!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

5 comments:

  1. Lots of eye candy today - love that basket quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book! I won it from Pat and I can't wait to make some of the quilts from it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are just too many good patterns out there, lol.
    I am waiting for our local quilt show, not sure if there will be anything new, but it is nice to have shops, all in one place.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, would love to make one, but can't start any more projects right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this book and LOVE it! It's my favorite quilt book, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete