Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Staying Focused…staying focused…staying….Hey, did you see this new pattern?!…

Yesterday I went to the closet to get out another UFO…yes sir, a nice ‘fresh UFO’!  Hey…isn’t that an oxymoron? 

I have a million of them…UFOs that is! 

I spotted this bin at the bottom of the pile!  Ahhhh yes, I forgot about THIS one…the Merry Go Round quilt turned Whirly Jigs quilt…

P1200120

BUT before I could get to the Whirly Jig quilt there was ANOTHER UFO on top…see the recycled lettuce container?…yup we have another UFO quilt top here!!  I tell you, they are breeding and multiplying in that closet!! 

Looky what’s inside this little bin…tumblers…lots of tumbler blocks!

P1200123

More tumblers for the Tumbler Quilt!  Ahhh yes, I wanted to make it bigger…so it SAT!    P1200122 I think this one has been sitting for at least two years…waiting…I seem to remember a Scrappy Magazine with this one on the cover… I wonder why I didn’t finish it?  Something new and better must have swayed my attention! 

Ahh, here’s the one I was looking for…the Whirly Jig quilt…ready to be sewn into blocks.  Yikes..I think I’ll work on the Scrappy Tumbler instead…this one is too wrinkled and looks like WORK!P1200119

I really do have to stay focused and FINISH projects before starting something new!!   Geeze Louise…we had names for kids in school who couldn’t stay focused…Nahhhhh.. it surely doesn’t apply to Moi?  Do you think??

Have a wondering Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

19 comments:

  1. All very nice wips, the tumbler looks wonderful. I've got a Whirly quilt on the go too, can't even tell you how long it's been evolving. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you cut those tumblers with the GO?? That quilt is going to be a stunner!!!! I'm crazy about tumbler/thimble blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you could have Rick put together a nice database, complete with pictures, of all your works in progress, patterns, fabric, etc. Then, you could browse that and categorize stuff, and then....well, maybe not. You have more fun just wading in and looking at it all. How fun to "discover" treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once Rick gets that database and pictures put together, you could just work the quilt like a puzzle. Virtual Quilting, it could be the next new thing. Takes up very little space and you can complete a quilt on the laptop instead of a Pffaf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to know someone who has the same issues I do with UFO's. I'm afraid to look in my hall closet and drawers...I don't even know what I've got in there! I did a UFO project this summer and MADE myself finish 4 UFO's before I let myself start anything else. I should do that again...

    Thanks for sharing!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you, Girl! Easily distracted by another project. I have so many UFO's that I can't fit them in the UFO closet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all your UFO's - especially these two new ones. See they have now become NEW projects. LOL

    I always wanted to make a large tumbler quilt - why haven't I done that? Can you tell me? There's simply no excuse but ..... Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that feeling, too many to finish and too many that I want to make, lol. Love the tumblers, another on my to do list.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Ha! I also understand all too well! I am also bad about that when doing housework. I bounce around from project to project instead of finishing one first. I think it's the sign of a creative mind1

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember that WhirlyGiG! Such nice spring-ish colours in that one, and so happy! Yep, do that one on your big new monster!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finished my whirly gig last winter and now you have me revved to get the tumbler quilt out! I love all the Civil War fabrics you've used!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you! I'm very intrigued by all the tumblers - what size are yours? They look really good for odds and ends from scraps. Will you border it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, your tumbler quilt is wonderful, even unfinished. Good luck on getting through your UFO's! It's been fun to see what you come up with next.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I'm rather familiar with this affliction, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My name is Judy and I too have a UFO problem. Maybe we should start a support group. I'm so bad my girlfriend bought me a tee shirt that's states I am the queen of unfinished projects... But I love everyone one of those ufo's!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these are terrific UFO's!!! I wish I had some like that.
    Oh, wait, *looks over at cupboards* I do!!!! LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well... Tumbler quilt... Why is that ringing so many bells?! Oh. Right. I have one 'on the go' too. Except, not a single tumbler have one stitch to share between them, because after cutting the tumblers, they disappeared into a zip-loc bag. Going to dig those babies out NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving your UFO's too and it has to be a great feeling to be crossing them off your list. I really need to do this too!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like most quilters, I also have UFO's. I pull them out at least once a year and go through them. I like Judy at Patchwork Times idea of picking 12 and draw a number each month and work on that one. I will do that next year. I wonder how many UFO's will get started between now and then?

    ReplyDelete