Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Proud Hubby…

Dan is married to Martha, a fellow quilter, newly retired school teacher and one of my blog readers! Dan has sent me this picture twice…and I’ve got to admit that it caught my attention the first time…his wife Martha is second from left in the group on the right side…of that giant QUILTED…BALL???!

283692_392613524135693_1855316773_n

Nope…not a ball!!  Martha’s guild ‘quilted’ this giant weather balloon for their show last August!  Yup…after quilting quilts, runners, toppers and tree skirts…a giant weather balloon is at the top of my To Do List! How about YOU??

Seriously…this is right up there with the quilting mobile!  Remember that??

image

I wonder how Martha’s group gets around? 

In all sincerity …the giant weather balloon is wonderful…a true work of ART…unique and very different!  Clearly a lot of time, energy, talent and money went into creating this! Thanks, Dan for sharing!!  I can tell that you are very proud of your wife…as you should be!!  Just look at the workmanship and creativity that it took to make this Weather Balloon!!

As for us…we are still driving…on to DAY FIVE…and with any luck we should arrive at THE SANDS by late afternoon!!  That giant weather balloon could have helped speed up our journey!  Can’t you see it…our RV and truck dangling from the giant weather balloon…sailing across the sky towards Desert Hot Springs!  YUP, just set me down beside the Clubhouse!! Open-mouthed smileIt’s WEDNESDAY…Quilting Day!

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

8 comments:

  1. That would be a fun hot air balloon, lol.
    I hope you have a safe trip and can enjoy some sunny california weather soon.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just love to see it in person. What a "ball" that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afraid I don't need one of them new fangeled wheather quilts, 'cause I've got an old fashioned weather dog that works just fine. Poppy goes outside and when she comes back in I can tell how cold it is, if it's raining or not, if it's snowing or not, and that's really about all I want to know about what it's like outside. If she comes in all nice and warm and dry, then I know it's safe for me to go outside! Hope you're seeing some sunshine today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing what a passionate group of quilters can do! And I do remember that quilted van...too cool! Enjoy the rest of your drive....bet you're not in snow country any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!!! Glad you arrived safely and on quilt group day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather cleared in time to welcome you back to The Sands. Hope you have a terrific stay with lot's of adventures for us to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 degrees here when I went to work this morning! I was really thinking of going someplace warmer. Looking forward to seeing all the fun things your quilting group will be working on this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for every other excellent post. Where else could anyone get that type of info in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the search for such information.

    ---------------------------------
    Website design | Website design Adelaide | Website design Brisbane

    ReplyDelete