Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday’s ‘Work’…

I am still plugging away on this wee table topper…P1240127

Four more sets of leaves to hand appliqué before I add a stitched vine…

P1240139

And I have Sandy’s quilt on my mid arm…

P1240140-001

Fingers, toes and eyes are crossed that all goes well…

P1240141-001

Man, she is a big one!  My biggest so far…I get nervous just looking at this quilt!!  The good news is, that it’s a gift for Sandy’s grand daughter…Will a two year old notice how it’s quilted?  I keep hearing Kim’s voice in my head (from the Clubhouse Quilters)…“Once it’s washed, the quilting goes all soft and crinkly and it will looks wonderful!!”  And Kim is always right…right? ….right?  Come on work with me here… or at the very least, wish me luck…

Have a good one and happy stitching!~P

14 comments:

  1. I love your little topper, that is a nice piece. I need to make some for my tables, a good machine project.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that table topper is adorable! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the table topper.
    I'm sure any little girl would be thrilled that so much love has gone into a quilt made especially for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the quilting, P. I know you can do it! Your little table topper is looking so sweet, what a score that bag of half-square triangles was. And your border fabric is the perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are pumping out stuff like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim is right. Washing and drying a quilt can hide a multitude of imperfect stitches. It'll be fine!
    That little table topper is the cutest!
    No worries, just quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your topper - sweet!

    The quilt will be fine; just relax. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second that...no worries just quilt and have some fun while doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great little table topper lover the colors and fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there. I've been following your blog from Australia for a long time and look forward to every post. This morning, on viewing a book available at Martingale, Fig Tree Quilts - Houses, by Joanna Figueroa & Lisa Quan, my thoughts immediately went to you. It is full of lovely 'house' quilts. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little table topper! Good luck on the quilting. I'm sure it will turn out beautifully!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your wee table topper. Is that a pattern or did you just throw it together yourself? I love what you're doing with the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim's right you know. It's going to look wonderful and a little girl is going to love it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The table topper is fabulous! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete