Wednesday, October 2, 2013

On the Wall this Wednesday…

Well it MUST be Fall because yesterday we put up ‘The Autumn Quilt’ by Heart to Hand!  I confess…I had been putting if off because I thought the whole procedure was going to be an ordeal…but SURPRISE…it went up very easily!

I SCORED this wooden quilt hanger at a Palm Spring Garage Sale and brought it home, packed away in the RV basement with the BBQ and lawn chairs…(We always find room for those special treasures, don’t we?!)

It looked difficult to hang.  You know the kind where you have to line up the nails with the brackets and then slid it in place…then try and screw the quilt into place.  Well all the planets and stars aligned and we had the whole shebang up in a matter of minutes!!  I waited for her to fall but she is still hanging…and it’s been 24 hours!  I can now breath…!

I don’t know why this picture is so small…?…but you get the idea!P1240493-002

The crow is big and beautiful this fine Fall morning…

P1240497

I do LOVE this quilt!!  One thing’s for sure…I definitely HAVE to do the Christmas Heart to Hand Quilt…and the Garden/Heart to Home Quilts next…Can’t you see it…a change of quilts with every season!  Yowzers!

P1240498

Thanks Giving dinner is going to be a little more special this Fall with this hanging over the table!

P1240502

So thanks for visiting…hope you enjoyed seeing The Autumn Quilt finally hanging in her proper place!!  She is feeling very special indeed!

Hey…what’s hanging on your wall this fine Wednesday? :o) P

17 comments:

  1. I remember when you made this quilt ! It looks perfect in your dining room ! Just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, just my style. GLad you got her hung before the holidays.
    I like your green chicken dish, I have a white one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Paulette, this quilt looks fabulous. Love the oranges and grays together. Would certainly be great to have one for each season. Perhaps a project for your trip south. Nothing like stitching in the RV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks so beautiful hanging there. A perfect way to decorate for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is so beautiful. Love all the fall colours and a perfect spot for displaying it. I would smile every time I looked at it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow...It is a beauty. I bet next fall you won't be slow about hanging that one. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt Paulette, great job of hanging it. Enjoy it through the season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt looks beautiful hanging on the wall! You're definitely gonna want to make a quilt for every season now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt and love how it looks on your new hanger.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is fabulous and looks perfect hanging there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks terrific Paulette! A perfect fall quilt to admire all season long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt looks just beautiful hanging in your dining room !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooooo gorgeous!! Would love to sit and stare at this for a long while. So happy for you to see it hanging .

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely an autumn quilt!
    Have a nice day. :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a beautiful quilt, Paulette! And it looks great in your dining room.

    Take care and happy quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this quilt!! It looks beautiful hanging on your wall- what a perfect quilt for fall!!:)

    ReplyDelete