Thursday, November 7, 2013

It’s a Knockout!!

Oh man…I am late this morning!  I made the mistake of going over to Gail Pan’s Blog first thing this morning and found myself at Pat Wys’ Neutral Blog Hop…

                   6a00d8341bf9a853ef019b00b762ea970c-320wi

Pat has a new book out called… “Knockout Neutrals”!  PERFECT name for this book as every quilt is a knockout!  Her first book, ‘Spotlight on Neutrals’ was great…and I still have several quilts in there earmarked to do!!  Designers shouldn’t do that to us…come out with new designs and books BEFORE we’ve had a chance to make the old designs!!  Wait until YOU see this NEW book…you will see exactly what I am talking about…I love the basket quilt, the honey bee runner, the cover quilt and love the pillow!  Yup…she had me at HELLO!  Hope you take a few minutes to check it out…it’s a winner!  (Go HERE!)

SEW…I have another finish!!  That’s TWO in one week…now THAT’s NEVER happened before…and probably will never happen again!!  Funny how having a ‘due date’ propels you into motion! 

P1240990

This quilt is going to be a gift for the bride to be…her wedding shower is this Saturday!!  So you see…I have time to spare…ooops still need a label!  Ok…it’ll get done!

P1240997

It’s a big one…Queen size!  I would definitely make another as I love the scrappiness of it!  Even the binding is scrappy and TOTTALLY made from my stash!  Got to love that!

P1240999

Well it’s another VERY wet day on our little island!  A PERFECT sewing day!!  Yippee!!

Hope you have time to sew today too!  Happy stitching!~P

13 comments:

  1. I have 2 of Pat's fun designs to get done!! Very lovely quilt! Sureit will be very warmly received! If not ship to Virginia! We have a wet Fall day as well. Will be sewing in a few shakes of ....well my tail I reckon...;-)
    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt, what a great shower gift. Was it hard to make?
    It's getting brighter here by the minute, so maybe we'll see some sun today after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to finish two in one week! I only do that when I've procrastinated on the bindings.:) Great quilt--I'm sure it will be a big hit.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Have we ever seen you get such a huge project done so quickly? And it's a give away too. You are so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made one block of this quilt and it was fun. Guess I better get busy and make more. Love the quilt. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pillow that's in Pat's book. Looks like another book to add to the wish list! Wonderful quilt you're making there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful beautiful quilt! Lucky bride-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulette, this quilt is gorgeous! I love it and so will the bride-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hooked on the neutrals too Paulette -- Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi SP. I absolutely LOVE the quilt you just finished. I guess it almost fits into the "neutrals" category too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilt. I love the colors.
    Beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete