Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Future Project…

In a couple of weeks, Gwen, our wise mentor and captain of the ship, is going to give us a Cathedral Window Workshop…I have wanted to make one of these quilts FOREVER…and now is the chance!

Here is Gwen’s example…(I’m loving the wee flower theme that is going on in these two windows…)

P1250927

These blocks are all hand stitched…and won’t require quilting when completed.  The nice thing about this quilt is, that when you get tired of making the blocks that can be the size of your quilt!  This may end up being a mug rug or a King Size quilt…

P1250928

Gwen has also got a secret tip that she is going to pass along to us using these sheets of recycled aluminum…

P1250929

That’s in February…so make sure that you come on back for the tutorial and well..you know me…I can NEVER keep a secret…

TOMORROW we are off to the ROAD TO CALIFORNIA where we will see…vendors… LOTS and LOTS of VENDORS…oh… and quilts of course!P1110500

And how’s this for a walk down memory lane…One of our first Clubhouse Road to California trips…before we had to rent a BUS!  We all piled into Gwen’s van and flew down the freeway!!

P1110508

Such sweet memories from this pic!!

But… I’m sure we will be making more sweet memories TOMORROW…

The BUS arrives at 8 am…be there or be square!!  This is one day that I will be setting my alarm clock!!

Have a wildly wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

18 comments:

  1. I've wanted to do a cathedral window quilt forever! Maybe now is the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the windows, but looks so hard, can't wait to see you explain it to me, lol. Wish I could hit the road with you but I can go virtually.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very ambitious to tackle the cathedral windows! Good luck! Have fun at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cathedral windows. Have fun tomorrow! Looking forward to your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a perpetual Cathedral Window quilt. I use leftovers from anything I make using material. Who knows when it will be finished. I can't wait to see what technique Gwen uses.

    Janice

    P.S. Don't forget your pain pills for "road"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be going to Road on Saturday. Sure wish we could have met up. I love all your pictures. The cathedral window really looks hard. Have fun tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun you are gong to have tomorrow. Wish I was there. Be sure and check out the My Red Door Designs booth. They have the cutest snowman pillow kit there. You can check it out on their blog first. Also showed lots of great CW patterns as well. Again, wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've checked out a cathedral window tutorial before, and was really discouraged at how much work it looks like. Can't wait to see if Gwen has an easier method! Have a wonderful time at Road to California, and will be looking forward to lots of photos of your loot, as well as some of the gorgeous quilts! We have much the same taste in colors/fabrics (can you say WOOL!), so I always love everything you share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to you spilling any secrets to this amazing block. This has been on my bucket list for years, I'm just to scared to try on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am so jealous of your upcoming road trip... be sure and take us with you with lots of pictures.

    Have fun, like you couldn't if you tried.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun at the road, can't wait to see what you all come home with. Remember our dear Canadian dollar is dropping right now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun at the show tomorrow, wish I was with you. Be sure to show your loot (wool).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cant wait to see how the windows on your quilt are going to turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard cathedral window quilts get very heavy. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wanted to make one of those! post a tutorial!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wspaniałe rzeczy można na tym blogu zobaczyć. Podziwiam talent. Serdecznie pozdrawiam. Jola

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so envious. Have a wonderful day. I'll look forward to seeing your photos afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lady from a quilt guild I used to belong to made bed size Cathedral Window quilts for each of her children. The one thing I remember about the quilts is that they weighed a lot.

    ReplyDelete