Monday, December 1, 2014

Sweets for My Sweets!

Yesterday I spent the morning making fudge…mainly for gifts.  Got to sweeten everyone up for the Season ahead!!  These are two family favourites…Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without them!  The Carmel Fudge became an accidental favourite when I bought the wrong kind of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk!!  Who knew that we would love Dulce Fudge?!

IMG_2670

I know they don’t LOOK great but…trust me they taste super…especially the chocolate!  I make both of these in the microwave and they ALWAYS turn out!  I usually use parchment paper to layer my pan…however I only had about 7 inches left on my roll…I also use parchment paper for reversing patterns…and for tracing patterns…and for drawing quilting patterns :o)  Foil worked just fine for lining pans, it just looks messy.  I like to be able to lift the fudge out of from the pan to cut and this will do the trick!

Here’s the recipe for you to enjoy too.  As you can see they require just a few ingredients.

Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter Brownie Fudge (my personal favourite!)

Melt in a saucepan:

  • 2 Cups mini marshmallows
  • 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
  • 1 can (300 mL)of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Once everything has melted, pour HALF of the fudge into a lined 9” square pan. Mix 1/2 Cup of peanut butter into the remaining fudge batter and pour on to the top of the original fudge in the cake pan.  Cool and slice.

Carmel Fudge
Ingredients:
1 can (300mL) Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce
2 cups (500mL) packed brown sugar
1 cup (250mL) butter
Preparation:

1.  Line an 8” x 8” (2L) baking dish with parchment paper overlapping 2 sides for easy removal.
2.  Place ingredients in a 2 quart (2.2L) microwave safe mixing bowl, and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Let cool slightly (5 minutes).
3.  Beat with electric mixer for 3 minutes, until smooth.
4.  Spread mixture into prepared pan.  Chill to set (2 hours) and cut into squares.

So I cut these up into squares last night and spirited them away to the freezer before we indulged too much!  We can’t have Sweet P getting any sweeter or she would make YOU sick!  :o))

As for quilting…I have some finishes coming up!!  Binding is going on TWO quilts and I have some pretty cute gingerbread men with button eyes to show you…maybe tomorrow…! 

Have a magical Monday and Happy Stitching~P

12 comments:

  1. mmmmm.... sounds dangerous ...must try ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, foil + microwave - no sparks?

    Thanks for the recipe. Since I have never made fudge and want to, I may just be using this recipe. Sounds easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK strike that first bit about the foil. I just re-read the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks de-lish! I could have this with my cup of coffee! Have a great MOnday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like two really good and Easy to make. Thanks for sharing I am going to give both of them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not even going to read this, lol. I love fudge, but I can't have it anymore, miss making it for family and friends, but too hard to cook something so delicious and not being able to eat it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum Yum! Why does sugar have to be so bad for us when it tastes so good?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mouthwatering, though not the peanut butter one for me. Shame my microwave oven has died and I will not be able to replace it till next year, just as well I do not use it often so I will not miss it too much except when the coffee goes cold and can`t reheat it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They sound wonderful! I'm copying the recipe in hopes my daughter will want to try them out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fudge looks delicious! Not messy at all. I like a bit of interest on the top of my fudge. Flat and smooth = boring. Plus it looks more handmade that way and that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the Micro recipes. I make Fantasy Fudge w/ marchmallow cream in mine with all kinds of Nuts. Cashews are my Fav. The Eagle brand fudge tastes like Tootsie rolls. My DIL's Mom made some after Thanksgiving at her house. always a fun time at Heritage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We always make fudge at Christmas. I'm going to have to try both of these! Thanks for the recipes! :0)

    ReplyDelete