Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Top O’ The Mornin’ to Ya!

Happy St. Paddy’s Day! 

Well I have been forced to pick a new WINNER in the ‘Country Girl Modern Blog Hop’ as the winner did not get back to me and I have no way of contacting her :o((…Soooo… I went with the early bird…the first person to arrive at my hop…and that was… Marjorie’s Busy Corner!  See, the Early Bird really does get the worm!  (This should be a valuable lesson for everyone who enters a give away…if you don’t have an automatic link-back to your email address or to your blog, then YOU must leave your email address at the time that you leave the comment!  I have also learned a lesson …to check this BEFORE I announce the winner in my next Give Away!  No address, no win!)  So congratulations, Marjorie! 

Now, for the rest you, who would LOVE to own Jo and Kelli’s new book, just go over to Jo’s Country Junction and order a copy!  You know you want to…you are going to love it!  (see Jo’s Shop Link at the top of her page, under her Header Picture!)

Last Wednesday during Clubhouse Quilting, we had a visit from a quilter who was passing through…she had heard about The Sand’s Clubhouse Quilters and thought she would drop by and see what we were up to!  We love it when a quilter drops by for the day and brings her stitching!

When Mia brought out her bag of wee hexies, I almost fell off my chair!  Look at how pretty…

IMG_4153

And look at how small…they must be 3/4” or smaller! 

IMG_4154

I threw down Mia’s thimble so that you could appreciate how small!!

IMG_4156

This is the template that Mia uses to cut out her wee hexies!  With hexies this small you would never throw away any of your fabric because you could use the smallest of pieces!

IMG_4157

Mia was also working on this quilt…a patriotic quilt!

IMG_4159

Yes, we sure like it when quilters come a-knocking!  Thanks for sharing, Mia!


Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Stitching!~P

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Marjorie, she will appreciate some good luck after all that snow they've just had! It's been a tough year in the Maritimes.

    Love Mia's hexagons, too! They are 1/2" or less, I would say. Thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Marjorie!
    Love the little hexes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh,i love those little hexies,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little hexies are amazing. I'm impressed with how many she has made. I picked up a small package of papers and want to give them a try this summer.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Paulette...love it! I will certainly enjoy this lovely book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful quilt pieces and will be beautiful when done.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paulette, these are gorgeous. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulette, these are gorgeous. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete