Monday, July 13, 2015

Coming Up Roses...

We are starting off our week with a road trip to Calgary, Alberta...Basting Beauty Blogger (my eldest daughter) is getting MARRIED!

"And we're going to the Chapel of Love...yayayahhhhhh..."  Can you guess what I've been singing all this week?!:o)))

SEW....road trip means I need a NEW hand stitching project!  I turned to my Bucket List...and near the top of the list was this sweet wool mat...It's a Kathy Cardiff project called "In Full Bloom"... I saw it displayed at the 'Country Loft Quilt Shop' in CA a while back and KNEW I would make it!  Plus you just can't go wrong with ANYTHING that Kathy has designed!  Look at what I prepped.....

 The sweetest Roses...stems ready for some twists and turns...

                                     
Pinned and ready for a steam iron! (the camera flash turned my wool colours 'bright'..trust me they are bright but not THAT bright!)
 Threads picked...I think she is ready to roll!



 This is what the pattern looks like finished...sweet...eh?!


 And this is where I found the pattern...


If you don't have this magazine, then you can find the pattern HERE!!  Trust me, this project is dang stinking cute done up!

I won't be blogging for a couple of weeks...I might pop in...or I might not!  Either way, you have a wonderful rest of July...
".... 'cause we're going to the Chapel and we're gonna' get (them) married..." (if you want to hear the real deal then go HERE and be prepared to sing along!!  Come on you know you wanna....)

Have a sunny Sunday and Happy Stitching!~P


14 comments:

  1. Have a safe and wonderful trip. Love the music. Will miss my coffee, but know you will be having a wonderful time.
    Love your hand work for the trip. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time. Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Congratulations to the bride and groom! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the same song my husband kept singing just before we got married (a very long time ago)! Love your new project. Gorgeous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And, now you have something bright and happy to stitch along your way. Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and that is the perfect project to take along.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are ready to go! Oh Congrats and have fun!! ENJOY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for your family! What a wonderful time you will have! Hugs all around and congratulations to the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time and best wishes to the bride and groom! I sure hope she lets you share a couple photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. have a wonderful time and fingers crossed the sun shines all day for the wedding. A lovely project you have to work on whilst away if there is the time to of couse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your road trip. Looks like you have the perfect project to work on. Congratulations to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wool roses are pretty. Sort of free form but yet you know right away what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a perfect piece for a road trip. Congrats to the bride and groom and have fun!

    ReplyDelete