Thursday, December 31, 2015

Boxing Day Shopping... NOT!

One of the highlights about not Snowbirding this year was being home for the BOXING DAY SALES!  Yup, my plan was to get up nice and early on Dec. 26th and hit the shops!  Boxing Day in Canada is like Black Friday in the States!  You can pick up some real deals, especially on Christmas paraphernalia!  I didn't anticipate getting the flu a few hours after company left on Christmas Day! :o(  Boxing Day found me in bed...when I wasn't elsewhere (if you get my drift!)

So no Boxing Day Sales for me...BUT I did manage to drag myself out on the 28th and went to TWO shops...for their leftovers!  By then the Sale had gone from 50% off to 75% off...so the few things that I found were practically FREE! :o))

Let me share...

Rusty bells, wooden snowflakes and rusty stars...

And there was one lone star left...waiting for ME!!  Happy dance!


And because I'm a quilter...I had to hit the local Red Barn Quilt Shop...where I found this lovely yellow and grey MODERN fabric...for 50% off! I am planning on making another Graduation quilt for this June and of course it has to be modern!  I will somehow grin and bear it!  haha 

I teamed it up with this lovely Kona cream fabric that I bought down south last year!  So I am all set for some sewing fun in 2016!!  I say bring her on...

Before I go, I want to THANK YOU, my readers 'out there' who read me most days!  It means a lot to me and keeps me humming along this crazy blogging life!  Would you believe that I started this blog in 2009...almost SEVEN years ago!  Time really does fly when you are having fun!  I have met such wonderful quilters along the way...and even brushed shoulders with some very famous quilt designers...not naming names or anything... but YOU know who you are! haha  All great fun... SEW I thank YOU and wish you the very best in 2016!  I hope you continue to pop in now and again to cheer me on or to tell me to get on with it... or NOT!  No swear words please!  :o)))haha

Wishing YOU ALL A WONDERFUL 2016...with a GREAT BIG New Year's HUG being sent your way!~P

14 comments:

  1. Sorry you were ill. You really scored with that star! Happy New Year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hate being sick, I am rarely ill--I slept 12 hours last night!! I love your blog Paulette, it is always so positive and upbeat--how are you coping with the Blogger/Live Writer thing--or have you always used Blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog ... Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me smile every day you post! Hope you are feeling better. Love your new fabrics. K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you too! I love reading your blog...you are always so upbeat, happy, and always share with us! Also love those "modern" fabrics...fun to cross over to the wild side, isn't it? Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lurk on a daily basis, sorry I dont comment more often as I do love reading your blog. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your darling grandie and hoping 2016 is a happy and healthy year full of good cheer and lots of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Glad to hear you're feeling much better. Congratulations on the arrival of your grandbaby!

    I had to laugh at the "practically free" comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad. You're feeling better and had the strength to do a bit of shopping! Those are wonderful grays. Will you share what line they're from? Happy New Years. I'm looking forward to your fun in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year back at you! Glad you are feeling better. Those deals you got would be enough to make a person feel better. Or cheered up, anyway. :->

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Paulette! Glad you are feeling better and that it doesn't linger. I am busy trying to make a list of UFO's I want to finish this year. Hope I can stick with it. Always fun to start off the year with a plan. I know you really did great last year! Keep well! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lurker. All the best for the New Year, 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you too! Happy to hear you are on the mend. Thanks for all the inspiration in 2015! Love your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you are over the flu! You found some great buys. I always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought a very similar fabric line! I love the simplicity of it :-) You can see what I did with it here if you like :-) http://sunshowerquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/06/getting-things-done-and-out.html Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete